Install Elasticsearch in 7 steps!
Step by step on Linux
We are regularly asked whether there is a good Dutch manual for Elasticsearch to install. The steps to take are simple when done in the correct order. This blog describes the installation of Elasticsearch and Kibana step by step.
To start, make sure to do a clean install of Ubuntu linux. We used the following iso / version: ubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso.
Elastisearch can be installed with the following commands and steps.
1. wget –qO – https://artifacts.elastic.co/GPG–KEY–elasticsearch | sudo apt–key add –
2. sudo apt–get install apt–transportation–https
3. echo “deb https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/7.x/apt stable main” | sudo tee –a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/elastic–7.x.list
4. sudo apt–get update † sudo apt–get install elasticsearch
Elasticsearch is now installed. You can start with the following command:
5. sudo systemctl start elasticsearch.service
Now that Elasticsearch is installed, Kibana can be installed.
6. sudo apt–get update † sudo apt–get install kibana
7. sudo systemctl start kibana.service
Now start the web browser and go to localhost:5601. The kibana screen with now appear. Good luck!
Do you want to know more or do you have a question about the possibilities, call us +31 (0)88 – 7887 328, go to Contact or fill in the form below!